I’m 38 weeks pregnant with my fourth daughter and I am over it. Don’t get me wrong, I realize how much of a blessing it is to grow and raise tiny human beings. But between all of the discomfort and the limitations, I’m ready to meet my newest little lady. As I sit here bouncing on a yoga ball and snacking on supposed “cervix-ripening” dates, I’m trying to really soak in what an amazing journey it has been thus far. A few things come to mind when I think of items or products that made pregnancy a little smoother for me and wanted to compile a list while it’s still fresh in my pregnant brain. Without further ado, here are a few of my favorite products that helped me survive pregnancy #4, in no particular order!
- Leachco Back ‘N Belly Chic Contoured Pregnancy Support Pillow: This massive pillow was life-changing for me. Once I got to the point where I could no longer sleep on my stomach and strategically placed pillows were no longer cutting it, I decided to splurge on this U-Shaped pillow and was so glad I did. It has held up until the end of pregnancy without getting flat and actually lets me get some much-needed sleep comfortably. I did find that it got a little warm during the summer months, but a gel ice pack in the slip cover solved that problem. It’s a little on the pricey side, but you can use Bed Bath & Beyond’s beloved 20% off coupon on it. Worth it!
- Shea Moisture Mommy Collection: I love this line of products! The body lotion is thick and creamy and helped moisturize my severely parched skin. The body oil comes in a convenient spray so it was easy to apply to my growing bump. It absorbs quickly without a greasy residue. It smells like pistachio ice cream, so if that’s not really your thing you might want to find something else. I personally loved the fragrance.
- Humble All Natural Deodorant: I have always tried to use aluminum-free “healthy” deodorants, but with pregnancy hormones and the very hot summer we just had in San Diego I needed something more. I received this deodorant in my Bump Box monthly subscription and love it. It holds up all day with no need to reapply mid-day. It can go on a little thick and white looking, but I’m not too concerned right now because it is officially sweater weather here.
- Blanqi Support Tanks and Leggings: I had my eye on these for awhile, but couldn’t justify the price. $72 for a tank top seemed excessive. Luckily, they had their Black Friday sale and everything I wanted was discounted 50%. I purchased a few support tanks as well as leggings and was pleasantly surprised that they worked for me. I have a lot of lower back/hip pain that unfortunately comes with pregnancy, but the tanks and leggings acted like a sports bra for my bump, taking a lot of the pressure off of my hips. If I had known this before, I would probably would have paid full price. Also, the leggings are thick and not see through!
- Yoga Ball: Any yoga or exercise ball, really. I have one from Target. Sitting and bouncing on this has tremendously helped my hip and lower back pain. I don’t think it’s really doing much to get labor going for me yet, but the relief from the back pain keeps my butt bouncing on it as much as I can. At this stage in pregnancy, I’ll do whatever I can!
There were a lot of other things that I liked during pregnancy, but these 5 things were definitely the MVP’s. I still see myself using all of it even after I give birth. I’ll just switch out the support tanks for their postpartum nursing tanks and be on my way. Pregnancy is a crazy hard, amazing experience, so it’s nice to find a few things that make it comfortable. What are some of your favorite pregnancy related items that you couldn’t live without? I’d love to know if I’m missing out on anything!